Hi, I’m Danie Laurin, owner/photographer/brilliant artist for Danie Laurin Photography. Born and raised in Rockford Illinois. Two marriages, 5 kids, and 13 moves, (4 of which were to different states), 12 years as a military wife, landed me in Upper Peninsula of Michigan. There has always been a love affair with photography. It started with old pictures, then cameras and film, dark room and film classes at school. My grandparents ran an “Old Tyme Photography” booth at the fair and summer festivals. I have a collection of pictures over 100 years old, most of which are of my family members. I started shooting for more than pleasure 5 years ago. Since then, I have taken many classes and courses given by the top photographers in the field. After dabbling in several areas I realized that my passion lies with BOUDOIR, woman portraiture, glamor, fashion and I do what ever I want.
Strange Danie Facts
- I am the oldest and only girl out of a mess of brothers.
- I am named after a character from the t.v. show “Wild Wild West”. (character occupation... hooker). My middle name is pronounced Ter-long a sound-sah
- I cannot go to sleep in an unmade bed.
- All five of my children were born in different states (IL, OK, NC, TN, MI).
- When I was a child I had a crippling fear of speaking in front of people. (most will not believe this if they know me now) (almost had to do health class twice...verbal essay was 60% of grade)
- I have a very unhealthy obsession with Bill Murray.
- I am a nail biter... Yeah yeah yeah
- I took public speaking classes and self defense classes at the same time.
- My first car was a 1976 Volvo station wagon, Rose the bouncing bread box.
- I am a lingerie addict. Hi my name is Danie.
- My favorite food is sushi. I could eat it breakfast lunch and dinner for the rest of my life!